Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Comcast

rOn Sun, 20 Jan 2008 09:09:02 -0600, "Swingman"
wrote:

Being a hybrid combination of IP/DSL/fiber optic/twisted pair (most places
it's just "fiber to the node" (FTTN), then copper the rest of the way to the
residence), it apparently has the same "distance from the CO/DSLAM"
limitations that DSL has (unless you happen to be lucky enough to actually
have fiber all the way to your residence).

Warning: I have a friend who tried out the AT&T hybrid system and had
nothing but trouble. If it's just internet, he gets about 6Mbps, but
if they try to put TV on top of it, he gets all kinds of digital
breakup, lockups, artifacts, etc. A lot of that is trying to shove
all that data down copper lines.

I agree with you, wait until you get fiber to your door like I did. I
get 15Mpbs plus FiOS TV that doesn't break up at all (except for the
first day, but they were upgrading the system and everyone in the area
had problems). I'm finally completely off the copper grid.

Blog Me! http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com