Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Comcast

Swingman wrote:
"Oscar Garcia" wrote in message news:
Well it likes Comcast will be getting rid of DIY and FineLiving here in
the Houston area at the end of the month. Bummer! -Oscar

... and, being fed up to the max with Comcast and their faceless, corporate
mindset, I'm getting rid of them to give u-verse a try, which just hit our
area of the city (West side of West U) the first week of January.

Despite all the horror stories, a friend about mile away, where u-verse has
been available for about a year, has been touting it as being faster than
her cable on the broadband internet side, with which she has had no
problems.

I'll keep Comcast broadband, which has been more or less solid, until I see
whether vdsl actually has more throughput, despite being a tad bit slower
than my Comcast broadband in the advertisement ... really could care less
about the TV side.

I've been trying to get AT&T to give me a straight answer about whether
U-verse is available at my house, but so far without luck. I live in a
brand new development, and the neighbors all around me are getting set
up with it, but the website claims that it's not available at my
address. It also shows that the two houses on either side of mine don't
get it, but the houses two doors down on either side *do*! Go figure...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.