Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
[email protected] letterman@invalid.com is offline

Default Lost Electricity

Every electric bill I have ever gotten clearly states if it's an
estimate or actual reading. My company places a code in front of the
amount. I think mine uses EST as estimate and ACT as actual.

By chance, when the main wires fell, I assume you were still connected
to the transformer (in other words the primary wires fell). Could
someone have connected a generator to one of the houses connected to
the transformer, which backfed to other houses?

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 13:10:03 -0600, "S. Barker"
wrote:

HE SAID he talked to the company and HE SAID it wasn't an estimate.

"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
et...

Check your utility bill to see if it is an estimate or direct read. Some
utilities try to save money by not reading meters every month. Instead
they take an average. Any differences are made up in subsequent billing
cycles.

Have you called the utility to find out what they think?