Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Lost Electricity

WOW! that's freaky. Our REC charges .13 and that's a rip around here. The
Kansas city power and light is only about 9.5 or 10 and when we moved on the
the REC, i thought i was gonna die. thanks for the explaination.

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

It is called "Time of Day Service" from Jersey Central Power and Light.
They have a special meter for this. I actually have four electric power
rates thoughout the year. There is a night and day rate for the winter
months and a night and day rate for the summer months. The daytime summer
rate is the highest at about .22 per KWH. The cheapest rate for winter
nights is around .13 per KWH. Weekends are the same as nights.

Don't even get me started on my phone bill. lol

"John Grabowski" wrote in message
I don't know about where you live,
but my electric rate is higher during the week days and during daylight
hours than at night. Maybe you were home more during peak periods.