Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Question: Temp reached by black anodized aluminum in direct sun

Jon Anderson wrote:
Bit more data. Temps are all F. Part is near base of cylinders on V-twin
motorcycles, in air stream, nowhere near exhaust.

Yup, heat soak after the bike is shut off may be the worst.

Does anyone know of a source for temp recording strips? That would be
easiest. I know I looked for something like this a year or so ago, never
really found what I was looking for.

Tempil makes the Tempi-label. I think you can get small
quantities of a similar device through Omega, the place for all
things temperature-related, called the Omegalabel. You probably
want the non-reversible ones that permanently show the highest
temp reached. See www.omega.com

Jon