Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
David L. Martel David L. Martel is offline

Default Lost Electricity

Steve,

I guess I'm not following your calculations. I will give you actuals and
maybe I can see where you're coming from
Dec 07 - 682 kwh on a 31 day billing cycle = 22 kwh/day

No, the billing cycle may have been 31 days but I thought you said you
had a power outage for 6 days. that means that you used 682/25 days=27.3
kwh/day. But if you used 22 kwh/day ( I don't follow this) then your use
seems to be quite normal for this time of year
Previous 6 years Dec: assuming 31 day billing cycle for all
02- 611 =19.7kwh/day
03- 702 =22.6
04 -663 =21.4
05 -676 =21.8
06 -581 =18.7
07 -682 =22

I'm not sure why you are using the numbers for Dec 07 in computing your
average since you believe these numbers are wrong. Excluding the 07 figures
I get an average or 647 kwh for December.
Where I live the actual billing cycle can fluctuate by a day or two, so
I'm uncertain if it is reasonable to average these numbers together and I
would not calculate the kwh/day without knowing how many days there are in
the billing cycle
27.3 kwh/day is probably a new high for you but it does not seem to be a
huge increase. Could be a lot of Christmas lights, a few visitors, really
cold weather, et c.

Dave M.