Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Terry Terry is offline

Default Lost Electricity

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:59:56 -0500, Neon John wrote:

rOn Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:40:37 -0600, Steve IA wrote:

xposted: alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair.misc.rural

Our average electricity usage for the last 6 years for December is 653 kwh
with a range of 120. December 07 our usage was 682 kwh. This would not have
been unusual except for the fact that, due to an ice storm, we had NO
electricity for 6.5 days. Billing cycle per the bill was 31 days.

Facts:
Elec clothes dryer.

After looking at this thread and then re-reading your initial post, this caught my
eye. Presumably your dirty clothes backed up during the outage. How many loads of
wash did you do when the power was restored?

That shouldn't change the amount of total clothes washed in December.
Clothes pilling up at my house would actually make the electric bill
less. That shirt wasn't as dirty as I thought it was.