Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default Lost Electricity

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:02:43 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

Per ransley:
The meter guy could have read a number wrong, Ive had it happen a few
times.

There's also a practice known as "curb stoning". Reader wants
to finish his route earlier.... sits down on a curbstone and
makes up some numbers.

Very common practice. So common that there is a regulation that requires a different
meter reader than the regular one work the route at least once a year. (No, I don't
know the regulation number. It's just what I've been told is the basis of that
policy at all my client utilities.)

John
--
John De Armond