Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default RCA 61 " DLP strange visual effect just happen..

Meat Plow wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:00:52 -0500, Jamie wrote:

I haven't yet looked at the unit how ever, last night as the wife
turns off the DLP 61", I noticed a brighter band about 15 % of
the screens vertical height kind of showing as a brighter part of
the image at an angle. The rest of the image looked ok but I noticed
it was dimmer than it should be. If I didn't know any better, it almost
looks like something hanging in front of the lamp like a wire or
reflecting off some where.
My analogy of this tells me I may have a bad lamp with a hanging
element in it or, maybe something has fallen in the optical area?
What do you think?

Like another posted, a displaced mirror in the light tunnel would cause a
shaded zone in the picture.

Not to mildly change the subject, I once got a call from a lady who was
terrified about a shadow of a spider inside her rear projector Mitsubishi.
She wanted to pay 75 bucks for a house call to remove it. I told her it
would probably go away but she insisted however it was gone by the time I
got there later in the day. I did however clean the optics and did a
dynamic alignment and she was thrilled at the revival of her picture.

Wouldn't a displaced mirror cause image alignment and maybe ghosting
overlap?
I don't get either of this. there is no ghosting and no alignment
problems..
Just the unaffected area's are darker than they should be while the
brighter band looks more to a normal intensity of the video..
But i'll consider that as I get ready to install a new lamp, It's
about time for a new lamp any ways. I need to clean it out. It wouldn't
surprise me to find a load of dust in there.

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"