Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] Dan_Thomas_nospam@yahoo.com is offline

Default OT capping a tube of silicone caulk

On Jan 19, 2:56 pm, JoanD'arcRoast wrote:

We just put a two-and-a-half inch deck screw in there, and let it
harden. Next time, grab the head with your vise grips and pull it like
a wine cork. Of course, we do Stainless commercial kitchen welding and
repair and may use more Aluminum caulk than a private user. Maybe this
technique is bad for long-term storage... YMMV.

-j

That's what I do. A long deck screw, pulled out next time and
turfed. New deck screw each time. Put it in, wiggle it around and turn
it some to make sure the threads are filled with the silicone.
Next use, pull slowly, give it time to pull the silicone plug
out or you'll strip it.

Dan