Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan Jordan is offline

Default Question: Temp reached by black anodized aluminum in direct sun

Jon Anderson wrote:
I am working on product that is comprised of aluminum sleeves affixed to
carbon fiber tubes with structural adhesives. We have tensile tests that
show we have more than enough strength for normal use. However, I am
looking at the 200 degree service limit for the adhesive and wondering
just how hot this part might get say, sitting in the sun out in Phoenix
in the middle of summer.....

How strong does the adhesive need to be?
RTV rubber sealant is pretty sticky, and high temp grades (auto
accessory shops) might fit the bill.

Jordan