Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Steve IA Steve IA is offline

Default Lost Electricity

"David L. Martel" wrote:

Steve,

You provide a lot of good information. You state that your 12/07 usage
was 682 kwh (27.3 kwh/day for 25 days). You tell us that the power was out
for 20% of that billing cycle. You tell us that in past Decembers you have
used from 533 (17.2/day for 31 days)to 773 (24.9/day) kwh. I don't see much
theft here, could easily be normal variation.

Dave M.

Dave,
Thanks for the return.
I guess I'm not following your calculations. I will give you actuals and
maybe I can see where you're coming from
Dec 07 - 682 kwh on a 31 day billing cycle = 22 kwh/day
Previous 6 years Dec: assuming 31 day billing cycle for all
02- 611 =19.7kwh/day
03- 702 =22.6
04 -663 =21.4
05 -676 =21.8
06 -581 =18.7
07 -682 =22

avg = 653
range = 702-581 = 121

I agree that it is well within normal variation if I had used elec every of
the 31 days, but I only used for 80% of the time.
Steve