Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default OT - Agent Newsreader Question

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:35:16 -0500, Joe
wrote:

Thanks to all of those who have replied so far. I'm now using Agent in
a single window, with either the tab or the 1,2,3 keys to switch views
(thanks, Leon, for that tip). I don't like to use a mouse all the
time; if I can't navigate with keyboard shortcuts, a program loses its
attraction for me really quickly. Now I wish I didn't have to hit
Ctrl-N to see the next message (or N, then Enter) - a simple N should
do. Oh, well, I can live with it.

Are you retrieving all message bodies ahead of time? If so a
single N should jump to the next unread message. At least it
used to and does in the version I am using (2.0/32.652).
Control N just focuses the message pane at the same time in
this case.

I still think you should get used to the three-pane model
(grin). For what I have been looking at for many years see
this slightly squashed image:

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/agent.jpg

Agent has an excellent Help file, take a minute and look it
over

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b