Posted to alt.home.repair
John Barry John Barry is offline

Default Oil burner controller system

Boden wrote:
My furnace doesn't seem to start when the thermostat calls for it to
start. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When I place a meter
across the thermostat terminals (T to T) on the controller (Honeywell
R8184G1286) the Beckett AF burner starts and runs for several
cycles...perhaps a week's worth but then won't start until I touch my
meter probes to the T-T terminals the next time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Boden

Sure sounds like you should call whoever services it for you. I'm hoping
you know also that oil burners do need annual service/tuning.

Among other things. That's where I'd start.

John