Posted to alt.home.repair
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Dimitrios Paskoudniakis is offline

Default Oil burner controller system

"Boden" wrote in message
My furnace doesn't seem to start when the thermostat calls for it to
start. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When I place a meter
across the thermostat terminals (T to T) on the controller (Honeywell
R8184G1286) the Beckett AF burner starts and runs for several
cycles...perhaps a week's worth but then won't start until I touch my
meter probes to the T-T terminals the next time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Boden

I had exactly that problem a few weeks ago. After FOUR trips out by the
HVAC company, replacing the controller (in the furnace) solved it.

At first they replaced a flame sensor, then rewired the power vent, but
these did not solve the problem until they replaced the controller.