Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default RCA 61 " DLP strange visual effect just happen..

I haven't yet looked at the unit how ever, last night as the wife
turns off the DLP 61", I noticed a brighter band about 15 % of
the screens vertical height kind of showing as a brighter part of
the image at an angle. The rest of the image looked ok but I noticed
it was dimmer than it should be. If I didn't know any better, it almost
looks like something hanging in front of the lamp like a wire or
reflecting off some where.
My analogy of this tells me I may have a bad lamp with a hanging
element in it or, maybe something has fallen in the optical area?
What do you think?

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"