Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default OT - Two things ...

On Jan 16, 4:08 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
wrote:
My interest in football actually left with the retirement of Roger

Staubach, Bob Lilly, Charlie Waters, Leroy Jordan, Drew Pearson, et.
al.

After Otto Graham retired from the Browns at the end of 1955, it has
been ALL downhill since for the Browns except for 1964.

I lost interest in the carpet baggers called pro sports a long time
ago.

Today pro games fill up TV time.

Lew

Y. A. Tittle was the start of the slide for me. After Tarkenton, my
interest really flagged. Today, it seems to be all weight trained
muscles and acrobatics after doing their jobs halfway decently. Even
if I could do a backflip (many years away from that), it wouldn't seem
sensible every time I finished writing or photographing an article or
book, or, and especially, when a query to an editor resulted in a
sale. That's my frigging job. The pay sucks and always has, but it is
satisfying in other ways. Neither would a chicken dance. In fact, I
don't even high five my wife. Mostly, sit back, sigh, and pour some
more coffee.