Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default OT - Two things ...

On Jan 16, 10:07 am, "Swingman" wrote:

"John Doe passed on Saturday, leaving ..."

"Passed" who/what ... gas, a truck, what?

I guess if you've never had to skin an animal to eat, you need to soften the
reality of life/death with figurative, saran wrap, terminology, eh?

A generation of pussies is upon us ...

Oddly enough, the people who use that the most around here appear to
be descendants of dead farmers. At least we KNOW the farmer did some
slicing and dicing on his own. I think the prosletyzers mostly want us
to believe that the person who died immediately passed on to a better
world.

We're softening reality for everyone. AOL has a headline about someone
having all the want or need still being unhappy. I usually have all I
need, but have never in my life come within half a million bucks of
having all I want, but unfortunately for today's generation of people
with super high self esteem, I'm usually happy, unless I'm ****ed off.

I love the VA question about depression: have you been depressed for a
long time lately? Actually, not ever (if we don't count Parris
Island's first week--that would depress Richard Simmons [is that
irrepressible gnome still bouncing along?]).

Too many people spend too much time worrying about themselves. Many
vets DO have a problem with depression (with excellent cause), but
damned if I can see why these questions are repeated on EVERY frigging
visit to those of us who don't. My nerves aren't that sensitive and
never have been. If someone thinks I'm acting like an asshole, they
let me know without a shrink's intervention. Hell, these days I
probably will agree and just keep on keeping on.