Posted to uk.d-i-y
James[_4_] James[_4_] is offline

Default Wire stripper

"Chris Whelan" wrote in message
James wrote:

Anyone recommend a decent automatic wire stripper, mainly for use with
electronics projects and automotice work ? (occasional use but frequent)

Time to put the old stanley knife away before I hurt myself trying to
splice a wire

Thanks

Oh, you can hurt yourself with any type of tool if you are inept enough
:-)

Ahhh look up inept in the dictionary and there I am with a plaster on lol.

Are you meaning a hand tool, or the type of electrically powered device
that
would normally be used in a production environment?

I mean;t something along the lines for use with home diy and car wiring but
not electrical a manual tool would be ideal.

If a hand tool, there are various types available, (most of which I own!)
but no one tool that will work equally well with the sizes of cable used
on
cars, *and* the sizes likely to be encountered on an electronic project.

I've seen so many on the market after googling and ebaying and was a bit
overwheled with the choices out there.

Post back with a more specific request and I might be able to advise
further.

As I say I'll need something that is vuilt to last a lifetime mine
prefereably, is specifically a automatic wire stripper and not a crimper or
anything like that, although aplus if it can. Budget of £15/20 max .... also
I something work in cinfined spaces so nothing the size of a chain saw.

Chris

P.s I came across
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...e-stripper.htm
whilst on my hunting and thought it was very good ?