Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Unknown Unknown is offline

Default OT - Agent Newsreader Question

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:12:03 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

,;On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:55:19 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Joe
quickly quoth:
,;
,;OK, I just installed Agent (I haven't used this since Free Agent in
,;the mid-90s). I've figured out a lot of the configuration issues, but
,;one thing that bothers me is: how can I make Agent open the message in
,;a new window? I prefer to have the newsgroups list on the left, and
,;the message headers list on the right - nothing more. At any rate, I
,;don't want 3 panes. Am I missing something, or is there no way to
,;accomplish this?
,;
,;I don't think you can, but you can minimize one pane so it's pretty
,;much hidden by dragging the window nearly closed, showing only the
,;message on the left and list on the right.

The "z" key toggles 3 or 1 pane. In three panes you can resize to
effectively have two panes. 1, 2, or 3 panes visible is the best you
can do.
,;
,;
,;Also, is there a way to kill just a part of a thread, based on, say,
,;who the poster is. eg, if hypothetical poster "numbnuts" tries to
,;hijack a thread, and some readers are suckers enough to engage him in
,;a ****ing contest, I would like to ban (or simply "ignore") just that
,;subthread, but not the rest of the thread.
,;
,;No, and that's the only thing I miss in Agent. I keep wanting better
,;filtering for twits and such. BODY TEXT filtering would be ideal, but
,;they haven't enabled it yet. It's in the wish list already.
,;
,; ---
,; Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.