Posted to uk.d-i-y, uk.rec.cars.maintenance, uk.rec.cars.misc
[email protected] boltmail@mailbolt.com is offline

Default Wire stripper

On 18 Jan, 09:42, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
I have, I reckon, every type ever made, and only one stands out as being
better than the others - and by a big margin. It's not fully automatic in
that it has four apertures in the cutters so you do have to guess which
one to use - but this isn't difficult. All the universal ones I've tried
that attempt to set themselves automatically will let you down at some
time by not stripping or even snapping thinnish cable.
However, it's also one of the more expensive ones. This is the one I've
got :-

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/Tools,+Storage+&+Handling/Pliers,+Cutters,...

I'll second that, great tools. Dunno about that one, but the version
I've got has two sets of jaws, one for more 'electronics-sized' wires
and one for bigger 'electrical-sizes'.