Posted to uk.d-i-y, uk.rec.cars.maintenance, uk.rec.cars.misc
John John is offline

Default Wire stripper

On Jan 18, 12:51*am, "James" wrote:
Anyone recommend a decent automatic wire stripper, mainly for use with
electronics projects and automotice work ? (occasional use but frequent)

Time to put the old stanley knife away before I hurt myself trying to splice
a wire

Thanks

Automotive uses a wide range of cable sizes but I've found the cheap
tools do a good job for most of the normal wires. Big alternator and
starter cables need something more apropriate of course.
Cheap tools will break sooner than the better versions so buy another
as soon as you've made sure it's what you want. Some will say that
makes them the same cost as a better one. However, even the expensive
ones will break eventually so (if they're critical) you still need
two.

John