Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadworth ARWadworth is offline

Default TCT Core Drills

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:44:15 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

You obviously suffer a great deal from theft - are you in an especially
bad area?

Yes a very great deal. Better of late as this is only the second time in
4.5 years on the new van, 5 attempts with 3 holding out. Each failed
attempt takes its toll on the existing locks.
For me they always come at night in bad weather.

CCTV? I have a 100% success record in discovering which yobs did the two
break ins and 3 vandalism attacks on my van. The hit and run driver also got
a shock when I turned up on her doorstep the next day and asked her to pay
up.

Putting a Kasp on and off all day is impractical. Taking all the tools to
the store each night is not on. Maybe just taking the sds,jigsaw and
cordless is possible.

I fetch my core drill, SDS drill, test case and cordless SDS in everynight,
the rest stays in the van.

At the end of the day I simply budget £600/year for theft. If I started
losing more than that then I will consider a new van (which seemed to
give me a few years of no thefts).

I allow for a few tools a year to go missing. The loss of time changing a
window or lock also needs to be accounted for.

Adam