Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Wire stripper

In uk.d-i-y, Doki wrote:

"Malcolm H" wrote in message news:XeZjj.27870$a61

"James" wrote in message news:9dednW50R4K8ZRLaRVnyh
Anyone recommend a decent automatic wire stripper, mainly for use
with electronics projects and automotice work ? (occasional use but
frequent)

Time to put the old stanley knife away before I hurt myself trying
to splice a wire

Thanks

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...source=15&SD=Y

This kind is good IME:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...per&doy=1 8m1

This kind is convenient but sometimes is absolutely terrible:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...per&doy=18 m1

One of these has been my firm favourite over the last 40 years or so...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...45237&doy=18m1

.... the only problem being that it's a bit awkward to squeeze the head
into very tight spots. For accessible wires it's great, though, and it
certainly passes the durability test.

(At this rate we'll soon have recommended everything Maplin has to
offer)

--
Mike Barnes