Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT - Agent Newsreader Question

In article , Joe wrote:

Thanks Doug, I'm getting a better idea of the use of more advanced
filters now. As it turns out, though, when I click on "Ignore this
thread" (or just "I") in the middle of a long discussion, Agent
informs me that it will just ignore the sub-thread, exactly like I
wanted! This will be great for some of the other NGs that I read,
where the readers show less restraint even than those here. g

Perfect!

Now if I can just figure out how to get the message body to open in a
new window (as a default), without having to do any extra clicking on
window icons. Thunderbird defaults to the 3 pane display, but if I
drag the middle border down (which closes off the message body), it
defaults to opening the message in a new window. That way, I get to
see more of the thread view, which helps me to decide how I want to
proceed.

I can't help you there, sorry. You might want to ask over at rec.woodworking,
whose regulars include a fair smattering of computer geeks, some of whom use
Agent and discuss it from time to time -- that group has been repeatedly
attacked by trolls and sporgery floods, so various newsreaders and their
filtering abilities have been a not-infrequent topic of conversation. And as
long as you preface the subject with OT as you did here, there won't be any
more objection to it there than normally occurs here.

--
Regards,