Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - Agent Newsreader Question

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:55:19 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Joe
quickly quoth:

OK, I just installed Agent (I haven't used this since Free Agent in
the mid-90s). I've figured out a lot of the configuration issues, but
one thing that bothers me is: how can I make Agent open the message in
a new window? I prefer to have the newsgroups list on the left, and
the message headers list on the right - nothing more. At any rate, I
don't want 3 panes. Am I missing something, or is there no way to
accomplish this?

I don't think you can, but you can minimize one pane so it's pretty
much hidden by dragging the window nearly closed, showing only the
message on the left and list on the right.

Also, is there a way to kill just a part of a thread, based on, say,
who the poster is. eg, if hypothetical poster "numbnuts" tries to
hijack a thread, and some readers are suckers enough to engage him in
a ****ing contest, I would like to ban (or simply "ignore") just that
subthread, but not the rest of the thread.

No, and that's the only thing I miss in Agent. I keep wanting better
filtering for twits and such. BODY TEXT filtering would be ideal, but
they haven't enabled it yet. It's in the wish list already.

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.