Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
Chris Whelan Chris Whelan is offline

Default Wire stripper

James wrote:

Anyone recommend a decent automatic wire stripper, mainly for use with
electronics projects and automotice work ? (occasional use but frequent)

Time to put the old stanley knife away before I hurt myself trying to
splice a wire

Thanks

Oh, you can hurt yourself with any type of tool if you are inept enough :-)

Are you meaning a hand tool, or the type of electrically powered device that
would normally be used in a production environment?

If a hand tool, there are various types available, (most of which I own!)
but no one tool that will work equally well with the sizes of cable used on
cars, *and* the sizes likely to be encountered on an electronic project.

Post back with a more specific request and I might be able to advise
further.

Chris

--
Remove prejudice to reply.