Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_3_] Oppie[_3_] is offline

Default critique SMT pcb ?

What are the vias that seem to go nowhere like on pin 1,2 of the IC?

What CAD did you use for the design?
What file system will you use to send out the board for fab (gerber
RS-274X)? I recently used APcircuits in Canada (I'm in NY, USA) for a
prototype job. They have a very nice client that is downloadable and guides
you through the spec and file setup process. See Apclient.zip:
http://www.apcircuits.com/resources/...downloads.html

Good general infomation here
http://www.apcircuits.com/resources/tr.html

"robb" wrote in message
hello,
This is the my 1st SMT pcb etching project board.

Is there anything horribly wrong with the layout of the
components and/or traces ?

Any advice on how to improve or fix the problems with the
layout/design etc... ?

The components are ;
IC is an SOIC-16 Quad OP amp and most of other components are
0805 and sot-23.

It is a two layer board where (red) traces are top of PCB and the
(green) is the bottom.
I was trying to lay out everything so that it would be a single
sided board. That is why there is a distinct lack of through
holes (VIAs)

thanks for any help,
robb