Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian Richard The Dreaded Libertarian is offline

Default A serious discussion about the need for more gun control

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 05:09:35 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
Gunner quickly quoth:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:46:54 -0600, F. George McDuffee

Chairman Mao was largely correct when he observed "political power
grows out of the barrel of a gun," although not in the way he meant it.

INMSHO the real question is the ability and desire of the people to act
decisively on their own behalf as required when the government either
can't or won't.

http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm

http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen_press.htm

It seems like it's that time again, but nobody is revolting except our
fearless gov't officials (from the ground up), and I don't mean
"revolting" in a political way.

Excerpts from The Declaration of Independence:
"...He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his
Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their
offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of
Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the
Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the
Civil Power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to
our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to
their Acts of pretended Legislation:
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:
..."

Remind you of anyone?

Thanks,
Rich