Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT - Agent Newsreader Question

In article , (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Joe
wrote:

Also, is there a way to kill just a part of a thread, based on, say,
who the poster is. eg, if hypothetical poster "numbnuts" tries to
hijack a thread, and some readers are suckers enough to engage him in
a ****ing contest, I would like to ban (or simply "ignore") just that
subthread, but not the rest of the thread.

This can be done in newsreaders (or proxies) that support filtering on the
(also known as NewsProxy) will do this.
http://www.nfilter.org

See my followup post to this one for example.

Looking at the headers for my reply [above], we see, among other things: