Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default TCT Core Drills

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 03:03:06 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:

I'm on my second lot of diamond cores now (theft not wear) except for
the big ones ( 117 and 127.) They do seem to last a long time.

How many holes did you get from the big ones out of interest?

Sorry, I put things rather badly (the 117 which is my workhorse is still
going well) after about 8 years it's probably done 50 holes!
The 127 was bought specifically to install a Baxi Brazilia.
The larger core drills live in the store room not the van.

I have got a feeling my 107mm Armeg one must be down to its last 20% of
tooth depth, and it has probably only done 8 cores so far (most in hard
brick mind you).

Most of mine are the normal quality from a PM and Some s/fix.

I'm on my 6th or 7th SDS drill (All bar one due to theft).

That could make one want to take someone warmly by the throat! ;-)

I'm seriously thinking of obtaining an electric fence generator.
Yes I know it's illegal. I'd probably get zapped by it more than the
scumbags.

I have no off road parking, not that that would help just a better MTBF
(Mean time between feft).
The average is running at about 1/per year. Never had the van taken
outright. Of late the break-ins have been targetted toward the power
tools. They used to be a random selection of tools.

Each time it happens I get a nice letter from the police saying
....as yet no one has been arrested...