Posted to sci.electronics.repair
hooch hooch is offline

Default Hitachi TV overscanning to left

Just picked up a 12 year-old Hitachi TV which seems to be overscanning
(I think that's the right expression) to the left, i.e. the picture
extends to the left beyond the limit of the screen. The centre and
right of the picture appear to be where they should be. It seems to
be more of a problem with AV input (via SCART lead) than with the
regular analogue channels, but that might be because the former have
subtitles which I can see (or rather can't see, on the left).

If this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd be interested to hear.