Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hitachi TV overscanning to left

Just picked up a 12 year-old Hitachi TV which seems to be overscanning
(I think that's the right expression) to the left, i.e. the picture
extends to the left beyond the limit of the screen. The centre and
right of the picture appear to be where they should be. It seems to
be more of a problem with AV input (via SCART lead) than with the
regular analogue channels, but that might be because the former have
subtitles which I can see (or rather can't see, on the left).

If this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd be interested to hear.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"hooch" wrote in message
Just picked up a 12 year-old Hitachi TV which seems to be overscanning
(I think that's the right expression) to the left, i.e. the picture
extends to the left beyond the limit of the screen. The centre and
right of the picture appear to be where they should be. It seems to
be more of a problem with AV input (via SCART lead) than with the
regular analogue channels, but that might be because the former have
subtitles which I can see (or rather can't see, on the left).

If this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd be interested to hear.

What's the horizontal linearity like? - might be a S/C linearity coil,
otherwise check the condition of the flyback tuning capacitors or check what
type of pincushion circuit the set uses - there could be leaky E/W diodes.

Left Behind jusme Metalworking 15 November 10th 07 05:34 AM
The hot tap is on the left zaax UK diy 38 January 21st 07 07:16 PM
Hitachi C46TN no picture, Just 2 white dashes centre left screen Matthew Long Electronics Repair 3 November 25th 05 08:05 PM
Pic drifting 45 deg up to the left and becomes misconv. Hitachi 55FX20B Jason D. Electronics Repair 0 August 29th 05 11:25 PM
Am I the only one never cut to the Left? Patrick Conroy Woodworking 2 May 3rd 05 07:28 PM