Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default WOW-eee, did this come out nice!

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 01:28:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
. ..
Gunner wrote:
Positive or negative rake tooling?

Positive, 'cause that's all I have.

I tell 'ya, I should just quit now, sell my lathe. I'm never going to get a
cut like that again and I'm going to be forever dissatisfied.

Bob

With exactly the same set-up but a different steel, you will get a different
finish. Have you ever seen the finish left by a carbide burnishing tool?
Finnish only counts if the dimensions and geometry are right first.

Finnish? Is that a lesbian thing?

Ai! Ya pest no be talking caca about us Finns, else Toivo and Arnie
and da rest of da poys from down at Frankys tavern dake offense and
turn over yer outhouse, eh?

Gunner