Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default A serious discussion about the need for more gun control

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:46:54 -0600, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

distro trimmed to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:02:18 -0800 (PST), Dom
wrote:
snip
Don't get me wrong, I think guns are cool. I like them, don't own any
and don't want to. I understand hunters, farmers, collectors, but its
not necessary in Australia for citizens to arm themselves. Thats what
the police are for. I think it is a sad state of affairs that
American society has declined so much that you feel so threatened and
carry weapons to defend yourself.

snip
Chairman Mao was largely correct when he observed "political
power grows out of the barrel of a gun," although not in the way
he meant it.

INMSHO the real question is the ability and desire of the people
to act decisively on their own behalf as required when the
government either can't or won't.

http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm

http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen_press.htm