Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default OT - Two things ...

Swingman said:

"Greg G." wrote

On another note, since it's a rainy, slow day for you, I have a
problem I'd like your input on.
... snip tale of woe concerning bathroom ventilators
Got any good ideas?

Those on the first floor we vent, individually, out the side of the house;
those on the second floor we vent out the cornice if we can (some local
codes don't allow this).

Yeah, if this were being constructed, it could be dealt with much
easier.

IME, much better to vent sideways with the individual fart fans instead of
"up".

Yes, but not worth the labor involved at this late date.
See notes above - below - sideways... ;-)

There are a number of "systems" out there like the following:

http://www.airscapefans.com/collections/bath-vent

Might want to check'em out.

Looks like a quiet, functional system but don't think it'll fly for
this job. You should have seen the look when the price was mentioned.
But you can guarantee if I ever get around to building my own house,
all of these types of things will be considered. Including raceways
for access to plumbing/electrical/CATV/CAT5/Intercom/Hi-Fi.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Swing.

Now to top it off, it is snowing here!
Took me 40 minutes to go 2 miles from the hardware store.
I really hate cities...

Greg G.