Koz

Default OT - $87 Billion Moore

RainLover wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:49:42 GMT, Stephen Moore
wrote:

Sad thing is the left-coast will present him another Oscar for his
"outstanding" documentary.

Liberals never let truth stand in their way.

And what? The Rush Limbaughs of the right scream the "truth"?
Neocons never let the truth get in their way either, Stephen.

James, Seattle

It's always interesting how, by nature, perception skewes viewpoint
without acknowledgement that it is happening. A common example within
these newsgroups is a HUGE number of conservatives making the claim that
they are "centrist". By the same notion, I just claimed that they were
conservative due to my viewpoint as an ultra-liberal-pinko-commie.

Yesterday a discussion occurred elsewhere about how Moore was totally
out of line due to the fact that he had not-triple checked his sources
and facts, which made any claims Moore made within 911 totally bogus.
These same people completely supported the notion that the "facts"
about Iraq's WMD and intentions (we're speaking of specific items here,
not the generalizations) were TOTALLY true because the CIA had
information from single and quite unreliable sources.

Perspective. It completely changes what we each see when looking at the
same thing. Is it so hard for any one of us to recognize that our own
viewpoints skew our perceptions of such things as this movie?

The point? IT"S ENTERTAINMENT. Get over the notion that it's anything
else. This includes Limbaugh, Almost all news, etc. They are in the
BUSINESS of SALES. Don't like it? Make your own movie and entertain
those with similar viewpoints to you. Maybe you'll make some money too
and **** off us liberals

Koz (and not directed as a response to James who it appears My
perspective makes me agree with)