Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Design flaw cited in MN bridge collapse

Adam Corolla wrote:

More likely, the construction crew mentioned it to the manager, he told his
manager, who ignored it. In my experience, the guys on the front lines of
any business spot a potentially huge problem and report it, the message
never reaches anyone who can do anything about it. I've worked in a variety
of industries and from what I've seen, this is pretty much universal. I
have no idea why.

Dunno if it applies in those worlds, but around my world, it would be
called the "sunshine filter".

Guys think they won't ever get the next pay raise or promotion if they
deliver bad news or problems, so they filter them out, and will only
blow purified sunshine up the boss's arse.

Spinless gits, as often as not. The ones with spines deal with the
problems, or if they cannot, pass them on to those that can.

Cheers
Trevor Jones