Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default How to Remove This

On Jan 15, 7:20*pm, jim wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:30*pm, "Roemax" wrote:

wd 40"Dottie" wrote in message

I put up heavy plastic panels on my windows during hurricane season
using 3M's Dual Lock fasteners. *They worked fine but I now have
aluminum shutters and don't need the plastic anymore. *Getting the
fasteners off has been hard. *The fastener comes off but leaves a
thick goo. *I have tried paint thinner, acetone, Goo Be Gone. and
gasoline...they help a little but it's still very hard. *Does anyone
know what I can use to make this easier? *Thanks.
(I did call 3M and was told they make a goop remover but it's not
available locally and it comes in large industrial size containers.)- Hide quoted text -

spray 9- Hide quoted text -

Wd 40 works on most things IMO