Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default What Smells Like Hamsters?

On Jan 16, 1:36*pm, "TheScullster" wrote:
Hi all

I have noticed a few times that our downstairs loo occasionally smells like
a hamsters cage!
I refurbished it during the year and this is not a serious issue but it is
intriguing!
All walls are plain and painted with wipe clean emulsion.
The cistern is boxed in, but I have checked behind the boxing and around the
flush pipe/waste from the pan and there are no signs of leaks.

So can anyone suggest a source for a smell in a bog that is similar to a
(cleanish) hamster cage?
I have never seen a rodent in the place let alone a hamster.

TIA

Phil

If it smells like a clean hamster's cage is it your pine fresh toilet
cleaner?
If it smells fishy then it's often a degrading light fitting. It's
only on here that I found the source of that problem!