Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What Smells Like Hamsters?

On Jan 16, 1:36*pm, "TheScullster" wrote:
Hi all

I have noticed a few times that our downstairs loo occasionally smells like
a hamsters cage!
I refurbished it during the year and this is not a serious issue but it is
intriguing!
All walls are plain and painted with wipe clean emulsion.
The cistern is boxed in, but I have checked behind the boxing and around the
flush pipe/waste from the pan and there are no signs of leaks.

So can anyone suggest a source for a smell in a bog that is similar to a
(cleanish) hamster cage?
I have never seen a rodent in the place let alone a hamster.

TIA

Phil

If it smells like a clean hamster's cage is it your pine fresh toilet
cleaner?
If it smells fishy then it's often a degrading light fitting. It's
only on here that I found the source of that problem!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"adder1969" wrote

If it smells like a clean hamster's cage is it your pine fresh toilet
cleaner?
If it smells fishy then it's often a degrading light fitting. It's
only on here that I found the source of that problem!

That could be a good call!
Not sure why pine fresh cleaner would smell of hamster....
But the smell does seem to maybe coincide with known cleaning activity.
Yes I have heard about the fishy electrics but not experienced this.

Thanks adder I'll watch for cleaning activity.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:15:15 -0000, "TheScullster"
wrote:

"adder1969" wrote

If it smells like a clean hamster's cage is it your pine fresh toilet
cleaner?
If it smells fishy then it's often a degrading light fitting. It's
only on here that I found the source of that problem!

That could be a good call!
Not sure why pine fresh cleaner would smell of hamster....

Pine sawdust maybe?

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk

Vacuum smells like dog! Al Home Repair 21 April 5th 14 03:14 PM
house smells Eddie G Home Repair 14 September 25th 06 02:02 AM
Smells [email protected] Home Repair 0 July 1st 06 12:17 PM
Basement smells like oil Elliott Plack Home Repair 6 February 8th 06 07:29 PM
what smells under my tree? a UK diy 7 July 7th 03 03:39 PM