Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default QUESTION: JBL Speaker Rattle

"Bob Shuman" wrote in message
Keith,

It seems to me like you are digging yourself a deeper hole with every
reply.

From what I've read in the sci.electronics.repair newsgroup, EADGBE does
not qualify as a spammer and prior to his response to you, thanked
contributors and kept things civil.

The record on this particular news thread speaks for itself.

Bob

It is true that there are many who have never learnt any basic manners, and
who ask questions on here, and then can either not be bothered to return and
read the sometimes very comprehensive answers, or if they do, semm like they
cannot be bothered to click a few buttons, and type a response or some
thanks. There may very well be valid reasons for this. For instance, when a
question has been cross-posted to multiple groups, some people may not have
the experience to determine where replies have come from, or may reply
direct to the respondent, or just to the group where the reply was posted
from.

There are "serial ignorers" who never seem to reply to anything posted back
to them by way of comments or help, but there are also regular posters, such
as the one who triggered all this, that I have not found to fall into this
category. Interestingly. I used to spend a fair bit of time over on ukra,
lurking, and making the odd contribution, and I hadn't previously seen Keith
'go off on one' like this, unless seriously provoked by some of the 'usual
suspects' over there. Perhaps there's just some little thing about this
which has 'set light' to him, and temporarily suspended the 'good guy'. It
happens to us all sometimes. Heaven knows, I've been dragged into a few
heated exchanges over the years, that on reflection probably started from me
just having a bad day ... !!

Arfa

"Keith G" wrote in message
Angry at newsgroup posts? Oh, I don't think so....

Please point to where my original response is incorrect:

"According to my reader, the last time this crossposting clown posted in
ukra
was 18/05/07 to ask for free advice with questions about more dodgy old
gear, splashed across a different spread of newsgroups and then failed to
acknowledge the bunch of helpful replies he received...."

And then consider directing your advice to the root cause - ie, the
crossposter himself who, incidentally, responded to me with this little
gem:

"Then you don't know how to read your reader, asshole.

If you ACTUALLY did the research you claim to have done, you will
find that I have consistently and publicly thanked the people who
took the time to help me."

When the clear evidence:

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/ukra.jpg

indicates that a) I did do the research, b) your paragon failed to thank
anyone at least on that occasion and c) is, in fact, a crossposting
little gob****e who doesn't brook at dragging half Usenet into sorting
out his problems for free if, when and as he feels like it....