Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default How to Remove This

I put up heavy plastic panels on my windows during hurricane season
using 3M's Dual Lock fasteners. They worked fine but I now have
aluminum shutters and don't need the plastic anymore. Getting the
fasteners off has been hard. The fastener comes off but leaves a
thick goo. I have tried paint thinner, acetone, Goo Be Gone. and
gasoline...they help a little but it's still very hard. Does anyone
know what I can use to make this easier? Thanks.
(I did call 3M and was told they make a goop remover but it's not
available locally and it comes in large industrial size containers.)