Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Refinishing Hardwood Floor - the poly

"Red Green" wrote in message
Red Green wrote in
:

I'm at the poing where I'm ready to start poly coats. Mamma wants oil
based because it has a slight color. ****!

Anyone ever hear to dilute the first coat with mineral spirits to aid
in sealing?

Thanks,
Red...

Thanks for the replies all.

I chose to pop for the can of sealer. Last thing I wanna do is fix
another one of my F.U.'s :-) It's an alcohol base I believe. Also,
looking at the color after it's sealed, if Bosslady says that's fine then
the option of water or oil base poly is still open.

Red...

practice and test colors on some spare leftover pieces, not your floor.