Posted to alt.home.repair
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Refinishing Hardwood Floor - the poly

Red Green wrote:

I'm at the poing where I'm ready to start poly coats. Mamma wants oil based
because it has a slight color. ****!

Poly can be tinted. Lookup Trans-Tint dyes used by woodworkers. Do lots of
tests on samples first to get the color Mama wants.

Personally, I like oil and wax better because poly looks kind of plastic to me.
But my kitchen floor has poly because it is resistant to all but the largest
spills and will tolerate those if they are wiped up promptly.

-- Doug