Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default wax-free toilet seals

On Jan 14, 6:25*am, George wrote:
Bob M. wrote:
Has anyone used the Fernco wax-free toilet seals? *Are they really
better than the usual wax ring?

I don't understand the problem with wax. They have been proven in use
for a really long time. I have never had or seen a failure. And it takes
30 seconds to scrape off the old one if you need to pull the toilet for
some reason (just did it last week in an apartment I own to install new
floor covering).

Technology moves on. That there was nothign wrong....etc does not
mean that something better can't come along.

One advantage to the waxless... You can pull and replace a toilet
without dicking around with the very messy wax seal. They are
reusable.

Harry K