Marcos Scriven

Default Chasing cable for wall mounted plasma

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message ill.com...
On 2 Jul 2004 06:27:00 -0700, Marcos Scriven wrote:

2) Cut the channel with the above tool

diamond chaser Remember to remove *everything* from the room and
possibly the house if use this or an angle grinder. They turn what
ever they remove to find dust then blow it all over the place.

For a single chase I'd either do it by hand with a cold chisel and
lump hammer or an SDS drill with rotary stop and chisel.
3) I am also worried old plaster/brick won't fare well with the
chasing

Does all the route of the proposed chase sound solid or hollow when
gently tapped? If it sounds hollow on a what is expected to be a solid
wall then the plaster is "blown" and may well fall off in large lumps
when you start to chase through it...

5) Will I be able to get a flat enough finish with polyfiller, at
least after it's covered with lining paper?

Only you can answer that, as it's a learnt skill involving the
consistancy of the filla when applied how set it is when smoothing and
how much extra water you spray on when smoothing.

6) How can I line up the new lining paper with the old? Obviously
going to repaint but is it best to redo the whole wall? Or even
replaster?

By removing "a strip" do you mean a full roll width or a narrower
area? If narrower cut through the new and old papers together so that
they must match.

I looked around Homebase and B&Q - all I could find was a large (too
large) plastic duct that was really meant for air flow to a bathroom
fan, and normal surface trunking (the plastic sort with a snap on
cover)

Neither seem to be appropriate. Anyone know a conduit for the
following specs:

1) Can be chased INTO the wall (i.e. not surface mounted)
2) Can be covered by plaster or whatever after (not sure if there are
issues adhering to plastic)
3)Is large enough for two DVI cables including the plug (about 4cm
wide by 1.5 deep)
4) Most importantly, where can I buy it!
5) As an aside - what's the difference between conduit, duct, and
trunking?

Thanks

Marcos