Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod LRod is offline

Default Old Farts Part II

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:31:40 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

One time I came out of the grocery store, unlocked a beige Volvo
wagon, and put the key in the ignition. I was sitting there trying to
figure out why the ignition wouldn't turn when someone knocked on the
window.

Turns out that it wasn't _my_ beige Volvo wagon, it was someone else's
and mine was several cars down. The weird thing is that my key
unlocked the door but not the ignition.

A coworker and I once discovered, at about the same time, that my Ford
van and his Ford sedan were identically keyed. As controllers, we both
worked rotating shifts, of course, and were on different crews, so it
was not uncommon for one of us to come in for a later shift than the
other for relief (figuratively, although sometimes actually, since we
worked in the same area).

For a few weeks after our discovery, we would have to look all over
the parking lot for our respective ride as it seemed hilarious to both
of us to move the others' vehicle before clocking in. Of course it
wasn't nearly as funny after a mid shift...

We tired of it after a while. After all, it wasn't that big a
property. Besides, we weren't that stupid--if Mark came in on a shift
after me, I knew I needn't bother heading to where I'd parked at the
beginning of the shift.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.