Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Clutch Pedal Repair - weld up & rebore?

"Robbo" wrote in message news:478b56dd$0$30864
It's out of a Hino truck, 12 yrs old. I went investigating the "squeak"

when
the clutch operated and followed the trail of shiny metal flakes......

What might work good here is a thin nylon bushing.

I had a similar problem on an old Chevy step van. There the clutch linkage
had several bell cranks and connecting rods to actuate the clutch, and the
wear in each of these compounded to the point where the only functional
adjustment held a slight pressure on the throw out bearing and caused the
bearing to die a premature death.

I did a weld and re-drill repair that worked very well.

--
Roger Shoaf