Posted to alt.home.repair
mg mg is offline

Default Toilet Seat Down

On Jan 10, 6:52 am, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
It's certainly a cultural thing as we see in the above example of my
brother-in-law and all those other European men. Part of being a man
here in America is that you stand when you urinate, since you are not
a woman and women, we know, pee sitting down. Indeed there

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Cul...0925/8655.html

I consider myself a gentleman and never use a public toilet for anything other
than urinating. If you want the toilet seat to be sprinkle free, you would do
well to reach down and pick it up out of the way. I am going to stand and if
the seat is down I will urinate through the hole in it. If the seat is up I
will urinate directly into the bowl. But since I have no interest in using the
seat myself, I see no reason why I should be required to touch it, particularly
so something so sterile as somebody else's ass can then use it.

Not my yob, man... not my yob. Know whut I mean, Earl?

I've been lifting toilet seats, in that situation, with the toe of my
shoe for as long as I can remember. It's not difficult unless one has
some sort of disability, I guess.

And for the women who protest that they might sit in the water if I don't flip
it back down, I'd suggest that sitting in the water even one time would cure you
of that stupidity. If it doesn't, you deserve to sit in the water.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com